The Midwest Writers Association is embarking on a new initiative for 2017 to demonstrate the expertise and talents of our members, who are professional non-fiction writers. This will be achieved through a series of presentations to be held at area libraries and other appropriate venues.
The core presentation is conceived to be a panel discussion featuring five MWA members. Each member will present a five minute topic comprised of five talking points. The prepared presentations will be followed by approximately 30 minutes of discussion and Q&A. Allowing time for greetings, introductions and networking, organizers should schedule a 90-minute session.
Panel Discussion Topic
- A Panel Discussion Presented by Midwest Writers Assn.
- “Five rules of nonfiction writing” – Cynthia Clampitt
- “Five fiction techniques for compelling non-fiction.” – Sue Baugh
- “Five things you need to know about memoir writing” – Cyndee Schaffer
- “Five reasons you need an editor.” – Barbara Barnett
- “Five important tips related to book marketing.” – Reno Lovison.
5 Steps toward becoming a Travel Writer. – Mira Temkin
5 Ways to add humor to your non-fiction book. – Christopher “Bull” Garlington
Venue hosts and organizers can get further information or co-ordinate your event with the MWA Outreach Chairman, Reno Lovison (773) 989-1960.
MWA Members who want to be part of the panel should submit their topics to Reno along with a short 3-4 line bio via email with the subject line: MWA Panel Topic.
Members are also invited and encouraged to submit venue ideas and help with co-ordinating events in your community.